Unreal Engine DevLog #22: Reaction Shots & Prototype Cover System

I've been meaning to write down this dev log for quite some time. It's the last update on the X-COM:EU clone prototype that I was working on a while back. I would love to return to working on it sometime later, but for now, I'm concentrating on making tool kits for the Unreal Engine Marketplace.

The last update on the project was about an LoS based visibility system, which is covered here: http://unrealpossibilities.blogspot.in/2015/07/unreal-engine-devlog-19-line-of-sight.html

Since then, I had implemented Reaction Shots for the player controlled units, as well as a prototype cover system that displays the cover value of each corner of every tile.

Reaction Shots Preview Video:



Prototype Cover System Preview Video:



So that's going to be the last update on the project for quite some time. It's been a great learning experience for me as a starter experience in Unreal Engine 4. Also special thanks to Knut Overbye for creating one of the best products in the Unreal Engine Marketplace, without which the project wouldn't have made it this far. I've provided a link below to his toolkit. Feel free to check it out: ttps://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/advanced-turn-based-tile-toolkit

Comments